KLGC COVID-19 Arrangements for Golf
With Golf now being allowed from Friday 29th of May we can confirm that Kilsyth Lennox Golf Club will be ready to go with all necessary precautions in place.
In these unprecedented times it has been agreed by the Club Executive that the measures below will be put in place until further notice to ensure both social and restricted competition golf continues at the club. All of these measures have been assessed against currently available industry best practice and Government medical advice.
Please read the following advice carefully and keep to the rules set by the Committee of the Club which have been instigated to protect the health of Club members and guests, and the reputation of the Golf Club.
We ask that you take the following steps at all times, which are consistent with current government advice:
- Please do not come to the golf course if you have had a precipitant, new cough or a fever (Temperature above 37.8C). Follow government advice and self-isolate for 7 days.
- Keep your hands clean, wash regularly and thoroughly, for at least 20 seconds with soap and water.
- Always carry tissues with you and use them to catch all coughs and sneezes and then bin the tissue – then wash your hands with soap and water, or use a sanitiser.
- If you think you may have encountered the virus, please follow the government advice, and self-isolate in the first instance.
Obviously the advice in this communication will be under constant review and may be altered at any time. Should there be any alterations the club will try and keep you all informed as quickly as possible.
Golf is a fantastic sport that allows people to get outdoors and enjoy the fresh air. In this environment, close contact between individuals will be minimal and as such, we encourage you to continue to enjoy golf as normal, perhaps even more so now given the lack of other sporting options available.
While the current environment is strange to us all please try and look forward, and enjoy your golf course as much as possible. Above all else please stay (and play) safe and well for the benefit of yourself, your family and your friends.
General Rules for Play
- Only members and their guest will be allowed on the course to play. Visitors will not be accepted until further notice.
- All members must book a tee-time, either via the BRS system, or by phoning the Club on the Club number (01236 824115) between 07.30 and 16.00. Please note that at this moment in time you can only book for 3 days in advance.
- Please do not turn up without booking. It will not be permissible to wait until a tee slot is available.
- Please be aware that only single players or 2 balls will be allowed at this time, the tee sheets will only enable you to book for the requisite number of players. This will be updated when the advice from the Scottish Golf Union and the Scottish Government changes.
- With the start back date intimated as Friday 29th May the booking sheets will be open Wednesday 27th May.
- The first tee-off time each day will be 07.30, (starting Monday 1st June first tee times each Monday, Wednesday and Friday will be 08.00 to enable socially distant greens preparation) nobody should be on the course before this time and may be requested to leave if starting before this time. The last tee off time available each day will be 19.30.
- Do not arrive more than 15 minutes before your scheduled tee off time.
- Please park responsibly with at least 1 car space between cars to enable you to get ready for play whilst being socially distanced. The next group to turn up can then park in the available spaces, ensuring they are also socially distanced.
- The buggy/trolley container will be opened by staff before play starts. If you keep equipment in this container please ensure it is properly sanitized after your round and before you replace in the container. The container will be closed by staff when the shop closes at 16.00.
- Please get changed in the car park, or arrive ready to play as the locker rooms will be unavailable at this time. (Please note that during the 2 days before play resumes, members who have equipment in the locker room can collect their equipment between the hours of 11.00 and 14.00. Only one person will be allowed into the locker room at a time to retrieve equipment).
- You must report to the club shop to check onto the course by producing your membership card, before proceeding to the 1st tee. After 16.00 you must report to the Course Marshal, should you see them on the Course. NO MEMBERSHIP CARD = NO PLAY.
- Starting at the 10th will not be allowed
- A one-way system will be employed around the Clubhouse, please ensure you follow the signage and stick to social distancing protocols.
On The Course
- Remember to stay 2 metres apart at all times
- Only one player on any tee at any time
- All Par 3 holes will be call on holes, if anyone is on the tee call them on to hit their shot before putting out
- Putt with the flag left in at ALL times, do not touch the flag or flagpole.
- To minimise risk of contamination, all rakes will be removed from bunkers. Players are asked to leave bunkers as best they can, using their club and or sole of their shoes
- All fairway bunkers to be treated as GUR and ball dropped in line with pin to rear of bunker
- Greenside bunkers remain in play
- Do not touch any on course furniture, including Ball Washers, Rubbish Bins, Markers Posts or Benches. Please take any rubbish home with you
- The air blower machine will be turned off
- Only touch your own ball
- Don’t share equipment with playing partners.
- After 16.00 each day a Course Marshal will be deployed to ensure our members abide by current course restrictions and social distancing and to deter access by any non-members not accompanied by a member.
- The Course Marshal will have the full authority of the Committee to challenge any golfer using the course if necessary.
- Additional actions regarding play on the course may be added as risk will be under constant review
After your game
- Do not shake hands, thank each other for the game and leave the course
- Return to the Car park, change and return home
Clubhouse, Locker Rooms & Shop
- The Clubhouse will be out of bounds with the exception of toilet facilities, which will be available on request.
- Opening hours will be 07:30-16:00 each day.
- All doors that can be propped open will be, so that they do not need to be touched
- Hand sanitizer dispensers will be in fixed points for members/guests to use on entry to/exit from the Clubhouse
- No customers will be allowed into the shop at any time
- Depending on the weather either the internal door into the golf shop or the sliding door will remain open but barriers will be in place to reduce unnecessary contact between staff and customers
- Member card or contactless payments accepted – NO cash
- At this moment in time only casual golf will be allowed.
- Competitions will start when the Committee agree it is safe to do so. However counting competitions will only begin when advised by the Scottish Golf Union.
- Once Competitions return, special precautions will be initiated by the Committee regarding score cards etc. You will be advised of these at the time.
Full reference details of Scottish Golf Guidance for Golf Clubs and Golfers on returning to play can be found at